How It Works
ADT Pulse relies on Z-Wave™ wireless technology to help your home's electronics talk to each other, and to you. This is accomplished through intelligent mesh networking which "understands" the present status of any enabled device, and gives you confirmation that your devices have received the automatic or manual control commands you want.
- Simply plug the device you want to control into a Z-Wave module, and "join" it to your ADT Pulse network.
- Your system will automatically unify your electronics into an integrated network that can communicate wirelessly with other Z-wave modules.
- Once connected, you can control your z-wave household remotely from a web-enabled computer or mobile device.
- You can add Z-Wave to almost any device, room or an entire floor, according to your needs and desires.
The ADT Pulse web portal provides you with private, secure access so you can monitor and manage your home's security.
- View secure live video of your home, send pictures or review home event history.
- Set up email and text alerts.
- You can set up custom schedules for repair people, the childcare provider, or family members.
- Turn on your lights remotely or automate your lights and thermostats for energy efficiency.
The ADT Pulse mobile app allows you access using your iPhone™ or iPad™, Blackberry™, Droid™ or other web-enabled mobile device.
- Depending on your plan and your mobile device, you can easily see the status of your home's security system as well as view live video via security cameras.
- Set you system to send your mobile device text and/or video alerts of events at home.
- Using your mobile device you can also arm or disarm your alarm as well as adjust the lights and/or change the temperature on the thermostat.
Get more details at the ADT Pulse website
*ADT Pulse is not available in the province of Quebec.