Introducing DIY for TELUS SmartHome Security
Easily set up your own TELUS SmartHome Security smart home security system from the comfort of your own home.
The smart home security self-install kit is simple and convenient - set up your smart home security system yourself on your own time.
When you opt for self-install, you'll receive a $350 credit towards additional devices and equipment 1.
How self-install works
When you order your TELUS SmartHome Security smart home security plan, choose the DIY option.
Your kit will ship to your home within 2 to 5 business days. The only additional tools you'll need to complete your installation are a Phillips and Slot screwdriver.
Is smart home security self-installation right for you?
DIY Self-Installation should be easy for you if you’re comfortable with the following:
- Using a screwdriver, electric drill, stepping stool and a hammer
- Setting up a connected device like a smartphone
- Connecting devices to digital services like Apple and Google accounts
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Connecting devices to Wi-Fi
DIY self-install support
Technicians are just a phone call away
24/7 on-demand support videos
Easily access our list of instructional videos to help you with whatever questions you may have. Each smart home security product has its own video.
Frequently asked questions
We offer a 45-day money back guarantee should you wish to cancel your 3 year smart home security contract. For more details, please call our support line at 1-855-255-8828.
Only Smart Automation and Smart Camera plans are eligible.
All you require is a Phillips and Slot screwdriver. You may require a step ladder to mount equipment like smoke sensors or outdoor cameras.
Completing a Self-Installation could take anywhere between 1 to 4 hours depending on the number of devices you're setting up.
Order a TELUS SmartHome Security self-monitored smart home security plan either online or by phone, and request the smart home security Self-Install option.
View terms and conditions
Hide terms and conditions
- Customers who choose the Smart Automation DIY installation option receive $350 of security equipment purchase credit, which can be applied towards a combination of equipment, including a smoke sensor valued at $60, door/window sensor valued at $20, motion sensor valued at $60 and doorbell camera valued at $160, or 1 outdoor camera valued at $250. Offer subject to change, valid until November 30, 2020.
- Customers with an active TELUS Mobility post-paid account are eligible to get the Smart Automation plan for $28/month (total fees from $1008), the Secure plan for $30/month (total fees from $1080), and the Control + Video plan for $43/month (total fees from $1548). The price for non-TELUS mobility customers is $38/month (total fees from $1368) for the Smart Automation plan, $40/month (total fees from $1440) for the Secure plan, and $53/month (total fees from $1908) for the Control + Video plan. Cancellation fees apply for early termination of the service agreement. Customers who sign a 36-month contract for an ADT by TELUS plan receive $0 installation valued at $100, 3 months of security at $0 valued at $36 for the Smart Camera, $114 for the Smart Automation plan, $120 for the Secure plan and $159 for the Control + Video plan; 1 Qolsys IQ2 panel valued at $495 (with all plans excluding Smart Camera); a choice of 3 security sensors or smart devices including a smart thermostat valued at $180, a smart door lock valued at $230, and a flood sensor valued at $70 (with the Smart Automation and Control + Video plans); 2 door/window sensors valued at $30 each and 1 motion sensor valued at $70 (with the Secure and Control + Video plans); and a choice of 1 camera including an outdoor camera valued at $280 (with the Control + Video plan). Valid only for appointments set up from March 27, 2020 to November 30, 2020. Equipment is ADT-owned. Equipment must be returned in good condition upon cancellation of service, otherwise the replacement cost will be charged to the account. Includes Quality Service Plan (QSP). QSP is ADT’s Extended Limited Warranty. Limit one offer per new ADT customer contract and cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. Local permit fees may be required. Additional charges may apply in areas that require guard response service for municipal alarm verification. System remains property of ADT. Satisfactory credit history required. Offer subject to change. Prices may vary by market. Simulated screen images and photos are for illustrative purposes only. ADT Interactive Services requires the installation and/or activation of an ADT alarm system with monitored burglary service and a compatible computer, cell phone or PDA with internet and e-mail access. Interactive Services does not cover the operation or maintenance of household equipment/systems not connected to the ADT Services/Equipment. Standard messages and data rates may apply to all text alerts.