Real customers share their stories of how ADT professionals helped save their lives.
Alli Fifi Story
"My husband used to work out of town and being home alone with my newborn was nerve wracking. Getting our ADT system set up helped me have peace of mind so the only thing keeping me awake at night was my son!"
- Alli F., Calgary, AB
Andre L. story
"Our children have special needs. In the event of a fire, carbon monoxide gas leak or robbery or any situation in which we could not help them, ADT offers security in knowing emergency responders would be dispatched to rescue our boys. Also, knowing we would be alerted if they tried to wander off to go exploring during the night gives us peace of mind."
– Andre L., Nepean, ON
Andrea Rose's Story
"ADT was there for me in January when I was attacked in my home. I managed to break free and push the emergency button. Police and ambulance were sent to my home.
For three days following the assault, ADT called to check on me. I’m very grateful and pleased with the company.
Thank you, ADT!"
Barb W. story
"NOTHING is more important than our family. Each and every day - whether we are home or away, I know that those I love are protected by our ADT Security System."
– Barb W., Toronto, ON
Brent S. story
"It gives peace of mind knowing there is always someone watching over our house, ensuring it is safe and protected while we are away. Anytime I need to call their support staff, they always treat my concerns with priority and understanding."
– Brent S., Vancouver, BC
Camilla Narayan E. story
"With crime on the rise, I love the peace of mind that comes from knowing my home is safe when I'm away. And, most importantly, that I am safe when I am home, and that my property is protected."
– Camilla Narayan E., Edmonton, AB
Dennis Boudreau and Reza Kashiloo's Story
"My name’s Dennis Boudreau. I’m an installation technician for ADT Canada here in Nova Scotia.
Knowing that I worked on a system that helped save the lives of a family gives me an immense sense of pride. It’ll be a story that I can tell people from this day on. It’s just a great feeling!"
Diane D. story
" I was pregnant at the time when my family has experienced a break in. My 4 year old stepson and I were terrified to go home for weeks after. Then we had the alarm system installed and we finally felt safe again."
– Diane D., Seba Beach, AB
Diane S. story
" I won’t be without ADT, especially for when we are away. We have experienced a robbery in the past, it was a horrible experience, and I immediately looked for a security system. Since then (1999) we have had a system in every home and will never be without one again."
– Diane S., Cranbrook, BC
Esther Turner's Story
"The fire truck was there within three minutes. I was impressed! I had an overflow of some fat on the stove and there was a lot of smoke all of a sudden, and the alarms went off blaring!
I had time to open up one window, and then I had to get out of the house.
It could have been much worse! Thank you, ADT, for perfect response time!"
JL O. story
" We love the service and protection that ADT gives. We just moved to our new house in December and being in an unfamiliar area I know ADT has our backs."
– JL O., Maple Ridge, BC
Judi Harker story
"Love the camera installed with my system so I can check on my dogs anytime, anywhere by using the app on my phone!"
– Judi H., Clairmont, AB
Judy C. story
"A few years ago, I put some chicken bones on the stove to boil up for chicken stock in the morning, then proceeded to leave the house for the day never thinking about it again. Our ADT link to the fire department saved our pets' lives and our house and I am forever grateful. We will never be without ADT."
– Judy C., Sherwood Park, AB
Julie G. story
"I no longer need to worry about house keys getting lost or forgotten… We each have our own code, even the cleaners! I know who comes and goes all the time!"
– Julie G., Montreal, QC
Larry G.’s Story
"When supper boiled over, the smoke alarm went off.
I got a call within seconds and I put the person on speaker while I dealt with the situation.
It reassures me that the protocol for responding to an alarm is fast!"
Laura LeBlanc's Story
"I was baking cookies on the main floor of my house. I got a phone call and was sidetracked. Went to the second floor to chat and forgot all about baking the cookies!
Next thing I knew was the sound of a fire truck. I looked out the window. They were at my house! I went downstairs and found the house engulfed in smoke! I went outside to meet the firemen.
I didn’t realize the cookies were burnt to a crisp and I could have been trapped upstairs by fire. My ADT smoke detector alerted the fire department!"
Maddie W. story
"ADT helped keep us safe by sending us an alert that our house was too cold, so we knew our furnace had broken down. We were away and were able to get a repair service in before our pipes froze! Thanks ADT!"
– Maddie W., Ottawa, ON
Maria C. story
"My husband leaves to go to work very early in the morning, while it is still dark. My ADT system makes me feel better knowing the alarm is on and we are protected in case of intruders. When my kids stay home alone I always tell them to turn on the alarm as this always makes me feel better, too."
– Maria C., Mississauga, ON
Marie M. story
"The feature I love best about the service is the fire detector. We have 2 cats and so it’s important if there’s any sign of a fire that someone can come quickly and our cats are kept safe. I love that ADT has cat-friendly features as part of the service so that our cats can roam freely without worrying about them setting off the alarm."
– Marie M., Hamilton, ON
Marie-Laure C story
"I have peace of mind thanks to my ADT alarm system, and I can also check-in remotely! It’s so great!"
– Marie-Laure C., Montreal, QC
Nadia G. story
"ADT gives my whole family peace of mind that we are safe. We live on a very dark street and it helps me sleep at night knowing that my children are safe. Last spring, our alarm rang because our sump pump wasn’t working. ADT alerted us to water damage in our basement. Thank you ADT for your excellent customer service, not once did I have an issue when I called."
– Nadia G., Saint-Lazare, QC
Niloo Maher's Story
"My son has autism and he gets up at night to sneak food he is not supposed to have and takes it outside to eat so he does not get caught...
So my husband and I were staying up late to make sure he was asleep before we could sleep (of course, we were tired the next day at work). This went on for a while until we were just exhausted. So we decided to get ADT!
It only took twice and my son realized he can’t go out as the alarm goes off if he opens the door. Now we can go to sleep with a peace of mind that he is safe at night.
Thank you, ADT!"
Rhonda Berwick's Story
"I just wanted to share a story where I was extremely pleased to have ADT as our security provider.
Last Friday, June 9th, the power went off at 3:45am due to a storm. At 4:15 am, our alarm went off because the sump alarm that reports moisture did its job! It woke me up and I immediately went down to check.
I was able to start manually bailing out the sump and prevented our basement from flooding. A house down the street wasn’t so lucky.
This instance alone has proved to me the value of having ADT help secure our home!"
Rose D. story
"We enjoy having peace of mind when we stay home at night. We have just recently begun to use it every night since we went through a home burglary, while we were asleep in our bed! Also, as a grandparent with grandchildren who know how to unlock the front and back doors, it affords us additional security. Thanks, ADT."
– Rose D., Ottawa, ON
Shahina H. story
"ADT gives me the peace of mind to relax and get a good night’s sleep with my family in our home. It also gives me the chance to enjoy my vacation when I am away from home knowing that there is a team of professionals who are looking out for my home. I love ADT because they are fast to respond and have always been able to provide unbeatable products to customize my home protection!"
- Shahina H., Edmonton, AB
Sylvie Angus' Story
"On New Year’s Eve day, ADT alerted the fire department when our CO levels were over 250 ppm.
All our other CO monitors failed and we didn’t smell a thing. Thank you, ADT! You may have saved our lives!"