How to refresh your business for spring
When winter finally comes to an end, and the snow melts away, it automatically puts a spring in your step. That’s why spring is the perfect time to start cleaning your business, from the inside out.
1. Update your social media – Knowing that 33% of consumers1 would rather contact a company through their social media rather than by phone, it’s important to make sure your information is up to date. Have your opening hours changed? Is your address accurate? It’s these little details that can make a big difference.
2. Establish new goals – Look back at last year and take stock of what you accomplished and everything you didn’t. Use what you learned to focus on one or two specific long-term (and achievable) goals for next year. Having concrete objectives in your sights will help you stay focused and determined.
3. Take a look at staffing – Sit down with a list of your staff and identify the roles and responsibilities of every employee. Are you understaffed? Overstaffed? Will you need to hire any summer staff? Your people are key to running a well-oiled machine. If you determine that you’re in need of more staff, advertise the position on social media, on your website and local job boards.
4. Treat your customers – Did you know that 61% of today's consumers2 expect discounts and other special offers? Boost traffic to your store by offering a special spring promo via your newsletter or social media. Make your customer base feel special and they’ll return the favour by spending their money in your store.
5. Replace your TELUS Secure Business stickers – Those stickers can be a real deterrent. If yours is looking a little worse for wear, contact us and we’d be happy to send you a new one.
Spring cleaning your business will also help you clear your mind.
A tidy operation is an operation that runs efficiently. And when your business runs efficiently, you have more time to focus on your bottom line.
2. Retail Dive