Shoplifting prevention tips
It is estimated that 35.8% of annual losses due to shrinkage are attributed to shoplifting. The #1 reason for shoplifting is that it is easy and there is little or no risk involved. Investing in a retail security system is a smart way to deter shoplifters and burglars.
The challenge is having the ability to spot a shoplifter before he or she commits the crime. Unfortunately, shoplifters come in many different shapes and sizes and you can’t tell just by looking whether or not they will steal from you. But one thing may be certain: shoplifters tend to behave in similar ways. Knowing what behaviors to look for may help you reduce or avoid becoming a victim of shoplifting.
Consider these helpful shoplifting prevention tips:
- Install convex mirrors that allow employees to easily observe all corners and aisles.
- Have only one entrance and one exit to your business.
- Have a patrol officer at the entrance and exit.
- Keep expensive merchandise inside locked cases.
- Use electronic tags that cannot be removed by a non-employee without damaging the merchandise.
- Install security cameras in plain view.
- Install retail security systems.
Call us at 855.958.8181 today to learn how TELUS Secure Business can help protect your business.