5 simple home maintenance tips for spring
Winters in Canada are long (understatement of the year). When the snow does finally melt, things can look a little different. After months of harsh weather, most homes will need a bit of a tune-up to keep them safe and up to snuff for the new season.
We’ve put together a list of easy-to-achieve tips that will help get you started.
- 1. Clean the gutters – Remove all debris and check that joints are secure and that water is flowing away from your house.
- 2. Service your AC unit and furnace – These should be serviced once a year by a licensed technician.
- 3. Examine roof – Using a pair of binoculars, check for any lost or damaged shingles. All will need to be repaired or replaced.
- 4. Look at your windows – Be sure to check that caulking or weather stripping is still in good shape. Leakage around your windows will let warm air in and cold air out.
- 5. Replace your ADT yard sign – Our yard signs are a great deterrent against would-be intruders. If yours went missing over the winter, just contact us and we’d be happy to replace it.
Click here to download and share the checklist!
Checking another task of your to-do list is a great feeling, isn’t it? Now that your home is safe and back to its pre-winter self, it’s time to enjoy spring and all of its splendours.