Enhance your home security with an automated light
Wireless lighting control
Automated lighting used to involve plugging your lamp into a timer, which then plugged into the wall. Times have changed and so has home automation and wireless lighting control. Today’s smart technology is affordable and offers security, energy efficiency, and convenience all in one.
Automated lighting used to mean a timer. Simply plug your lamp into a timer and plug the timer into the wall socket. Then, set the timer to the time you want the light to go on and off and like clockwork the light went on and off accordingly. Then there was the wireless lighting control. You may remember the 'Clapper.' All you needed to do was clap your hands and the light goes on. Clap again and the light goes off, although the Clapper may not be considered true wireless lighting.
The benefits of wireless lighting
With home lighting control, you can remotely program your interior lights to come on at any time of the day, or day of the week. Plus, who wouldn’t love the peace of mind knowing you’re coming home to a well-lit and inviting home.
Here are some additional benefits of wireless lighting:
- Exterior lights can be automated.
- You can change your automatic lighting schedule remotely using your smart phone, iPad, or web-enabled computer.
- Some systems adjust automatically for daylight savings.
- Lighting can turn on automatically when you enter a room.
- Lights can flash to signal the doorbell or a ringing phone.
- Lights can turn on if your security system detects an intruder.
- Automated lighting is a feature that can help increase the resale value of your home.
With automated home lighting control you can activate your lights digitally or remotely, when you want and never when you don't.
ADT News and Tips
While a security system can do a lot to keep intruders out, the right outdoor lighting can do a lot to keep problems from arising in the first place.
For smart home beginners, smart lighting is one of the easiest ways to dip a toe into the bright new world of smart home tech.