ADT Canada

Fire, Flood and Carbon Monoxide


Monitored smoke detectors help save lives

One quarter of home fire deaths result from fires where smoke detectors were present, but failed to operate.


You need to test and clean them regularly, as well as replace both the batteries and the unit itself.

Peace of mind? Priceless.

ADT’s sophisticated smoke detectors sound at the first signs of a fire. Our monitoring centre receives a signal and we alert you and your fire department. We contact emergency services so that vital first response help is dispatched right away. Your system doesn’t need to be armed for your monitored detector to communicate with our monitoring centre.


ADT offers 24/7 professional monitoring, whether you’re at home or not, even during power failures. How can a retail smoke detector possibly compare?


Why put the safety of your home, your family, pets and possessions at risk? Contact one of our security experts about our affordable monitored smoke detectors.  


Is your home flood-proof?

Over the years, most homeowners can expect to experience at least one form of water damage to their home. It could be the washing machine hose that splits, pipes that freeze and burst, the dishwasher that leaks, a toilet that overflows or a water heater that fails.


The Insurance Information Institute1 offers some hard facts:

  • Nearly half of all insurance claims are due to water damage and freezing

  • About one in 50 insured homes has a property damage claim caused by water damage or freezing each year

  • The average claim related to water damage is nearly $9,000

How can flood monitoring help?

  • A small device known as a flood detector is installed close to sources of potential water leaks like behind your water tank, dishwasher or washing machine

  • Moments after the flood detector comes into contact with water, it sends a signal to your alarm panel which then relays the information to our monitoring centres as a flood alarm

  • If you’re with ADT, an operator will contact you and/or your emergency call list to alert you of the flood alarm


1Insurance Information Institute


To learn how you can minimize the risk of a water leak, contact us.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a highly poisonous gas that has no smell, taste or colour and is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in North America1.


CO is a by-product of fuel-burning appliances and equipment using natural gas, oil, wood, propane or kerosene. When these fossil fuels don’t get enough air to burn completely, carbon monoxide levels increase.


Because of all the different fuels that produce carbon monoxide, it’s estimated that 88%2 of all homes have something that poses a CO threat, including:

  • furnace

  • fireplace

  • fuel-burning space heater

  • gas water heater

  • gas stove

  • gas dryer

  • portable generator

  • gas barbecue


The risk for CO poisoning is always present, but it rises in winter when windows are closed and vents can become covered with ice and snow, causing dangerous levels of CO to build up. This can lead to drowsiness, nausea, unconsciousness and, ultimately, death.

Place detectors strategically

  • Near bedrooms

  • On every floor – especially if your furnace is in your basement

  • If you have a gas dryer, place one in your laundry room

  • In the garage


A monitored detector is your best weapon

Monitored CO detectors provide additional peace of mind by enhancing protection when you can’t respond to an alarm, such as when you’re sleeping, are away from home or when carbon monoxide is already affecting you.

The ADT Canada advantages are:

  • 3 ULC-certified monitoring centres operating 24/7 coast to coast

  • Prompt notifications: If your carbon monoxide detector is triggered, we’ll contact you so that you know to evacuate your home

  • Emergency contact and dispatch: If your home or family are in danger, or you’re unresponsive, we’ll alert emergency response services


12016 TSSA - CO Safety

2Ontario Association of Fire Chiefs


To learn how to protect your family and home from carbon monoxide, contact us now.


Let’s get Started